The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been welcoming international boarding students for many years. Our program is enriched by students from across the globe, and in turn we offer international students access to our full curriculum and unique opportunities for meaningful cultural and academic exchange. Our community includes students from Asia, South America, and Europe.
We are honored that many families from China choose to consider our school for their students. Typically we enroll five to six new students from China each year, and most often these students enter in ninth grade. It is rare for students to enter in tenth grade, and we do not have openings for students from China in eleventh or twelfth grades.
Applicants are asked to complete these steps:
- Fill out an inquiry to request information on our Ravenna online application platform. We will follow up with a link to our online viewbook which provides complete information about our school.
By filling out the inquiry form, you are providing information we will use to communicate with you in the future, should you wish to pursue the Application process. This information is strictly private and will never be shared with third parties. We encourage you to create a username and password when you make your inquiry through Ravenna, in order to track the status of your application and have the earliest possible access to your admissions decision. Please remember to save your username and password!
- Complete all application steps and forms through our online application system (Ravenna) by January 15, 2020. (Applicants may also apply through the SSAT SAO, although there is an additional fee. Applicants who use SAO should still create a free Ravenna account to track the progress of their application and have the earliest possible access to their admissions decision.)
A complete application includes:
- Application for Admission (Biographical Information)
- Application fee
- Student Questionnaire, which must be completed by the student
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire
- A graded academic essay written in English
- Recommendations (School Official, Current English Teacher, Current Math Teacher)
- School Report Cards/Transcripts
- TOEFL or IELTS
- SSAT or ISEE
- Interview: See below for more information
Interviews: All applicants must have an interview as part of their application process. At this time, we no longer have availability for on-campus interviews. All candidates must complete their interview through InitialView.
Off Campus interview with InitialView: InitialView will provide us with a recording of the interview and a copy of the writing sample that applicants produce during the interview session. InitialView does not rate or grade the interview or the writing sample; evaluation is done by our admissions office and we consider an interview with InitialView to be equivalent to one conducted on our campus. You can learn more about InitialView and register for your interview here. Please arrange to have your interview completed as early as possible. The deadline for completing an interview with InitialView is January 31, 2020.
Campus interview: We no longer have availability for on campus interviews for candidates applying for the 2020/2021 school year.
Info Session: If you are in your application year and you would like to visit CSW before the application deadline, you are welcome to join one of our Info Sessions dedicated to students and families from China. Although the Info Session on January 8, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. is full, we still have room in the Info Session on January 6, 2018 at 8:30 a.m. The Info Session will include a presentation about CSW's academic program, time for Q&A, and campus tour.
*Please note, the Info Session will not include interviews.* Candidates submitting an application for the 2020/2021 school year still need to have their interview arranged with InitialView.
- TOEFL or IELTS and SSAT or ISEE
During the year in which you are applying:
Take the TOEFL(use school code 9641) or the IELTS
Take the SSAT (use school code 2020) or the ISEE (use school code 222350)
We should receive test results by January 15, 2020. Both TOEFL or IELTS and SSAT or ISEE tests are required.
Our communication with you is important to us. In order to receive the fastest service, please follow the steps above. After reading through all information provided, if you have additional questions please email us and allow up to 48 hours for our response. We regret that we cannot make visit appointments by telephone, and requests made by telephone will delay a response. We appreciate your patience and ask that you contact us only once by email and allow 48 hours for a reply.