CSW APPLICATION PROCESS
The Cambridge School of Weston (CSW) has been welcoming international boarding students for many years. Our program is enriched by students from across the globe, and in turn we offer international students access to our full curriculum and unique opportunities for meaningful cultural and academic exchange. Our community includes students from Asia, South America, and Europe.
We are honored that many families from China choose to consider our school for their students. Typically we enroll three to five new students from China each year, and most often these students enter in ninth grade. It is rare for students to enter in tenth grade, and we do not have openings for students from China in eleventh or twelfth grades
Applicants are asked to follow these steps, in order:
- Fill out an inquiry to request information on our Ravenna online application platform. We will follow up with a link to our online viewbook which provides complete information about our school.
By filling out the inquiry form, you are providing information we will use to communicate with you in the future, should you wish to pursue the Application process. This information is strictly private and will never be shared with third parties. We encourage you to create a username and password when you make your inquiry through Ravenna, in order to track the status of your application and have the earliest possible access to your admissions decision. Please remember to save your username and password!
- Complete all application steps and forms through our online application system (Ravenna) by January 15, 2019. (Applicants may also apply through the SSAT SAO, although there is an additional fee. Applicants who use SAO should still create a free Ravenna account to track the progress of their application and have the earliest possible access to their admissions decision.)
A complete application includes:
- Application for Admission (Biographical Information)
- Application fee of $100 ($125 on SAO)
- Student Questionnaire, which must be completed by the student
- Parent/Guardian Questionnaire
- A graded academic essay written in English
- Recommendations (School Official, Current English Teacher, Current Math Teacher)
- School Report Cards/Transcripts
- TOEFL or IELTS
- SSAT or ISEE
- Interview: See below for more information
: We no longer have on-campus interview appointments available for students interested in applying to enter in the fall of the 2019-2020 school year. As a result, applicants who have not yet scheduled an on-campus interview must participate in an interview administered by InitialView, our partner organization in China. InitialView will provide us a recording of the interview and a copy of the writing sample that applicants produce during the interview session. InitialView does not rate or grade the interview or the writing sample; evaluation is done by our admission office and we consider an interview with InitialView to be equivalent to one conducted on our campus. You can learn more about InitialView and register for your interview at www.initialview.com
. Please arrange to have your interview completed as early as possible and no later than February 1, 2019.
Between January 16, 2019 and January 30, 2019, we will offer campus tours on select days, starting at 8:45 AM. Please note that on-campus interviews will not
be conducted during these visits. The tours are available only for families of students who are well on their way toward completing our application requirements by the deadline of January 15, 2019. Pre-registration is required and spaces are limited; please complete the Campus Visit Request Form
and email it to our office (firstname.lastname@example.org
) to reserve a space for a tour. We cannot make appointments by telephone, and we cannot accommodate visitors who have not made appointments in advance.
All visitors interested in seeing CSW’s campus must register in advance: for the safety of our students, we do not allow visitors to walk on campus unaccompanied.
- TOEFL or IELTS and SSAT or ISEE
During the year in which you are applying:
Take the TOEFL(use school code 9641) or the IELTS
Take the SSAT (use school code 2020) or the ISEE (use school code 222350)
We should receive test results by January 15, 2019. Both TOEFL or IELTS and SSAT or ISEE tests are required.
Our communication with you is important to us. In order to receive the fastest service, please follow the steps above. After reading through all information provided, if you have additional questions please email us and allow up to 48 hours for our response. We regret that we cannot make visit appointments by telephone, and requests made by telephone will delay a response. We appreciate your patience and ask that you contact us only once by email and allow 48 hours for a reply.