The CSW Family Engagement Network (FEN) is a volunteer structure that facilitates communication with school administrators, promotes parent networking and awareness, provides programs to engage and maintain the parent community and supports the school’s philanthropic events and activities.
In pursuit of its mission, FEN operates under the following guiding principles:
- Facilitate communication between the school and parents and provide communication vehicles for intra-parent dialogue and support.
- Support the goals of the school in serving others and help to fill the service needs of the school. Coordinating efforts with the school administration to ensure that the nature of its activities and the manner and timing of its efforts are consistent with CSW’s educational and financial needs.
- Support the school in fundraising and admissions efforts throughout the school year.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, involvement, and mutual respect.
Structure and Appointments
The Family Engagement Network Leadership is overseen by a Chair and Co-Chair and includes two grade representatives from each grade and committee chair(s) from each committee.
There should be three meetings annually for the entire Family Engagement Network (kick- off meeting, mid year meeting, and end of year meeting and celebration) most of the work will be done by email, phone etc.
- The Chair and Co-Chair will be appointed by the Director of Parent and Alumni/ae engagement. The Chair and Co-Chair position can be held for up to 2 academic years.
- The grade representatives will be appointed by the Chair and Co-Chair in consultation with the Director of Parent and Alumni/ae engagement.
- Volunteer Committee Chair(s) will be appointed by the Chair and Co-Chair in consultation with the Director of Parent and Alumni/ae engagement.
The Chair and co-Chair are representatives of the entire parent community. The following responsibilities will be shared between the Chair and the Co-chair:
Meet regularly with the Director of Parent Engagement to strategize, implement, and monitor CSW Family Engagement Network programming and volunteer committee work
- Provide a warm welcome to the parents at all community events and play an active role in orientation activities
- Play an active role in fundraising and advancement of the institution
- Represent CSW Family Engagement Network at key all school events; including brief remarks
- Attend all end of mod coffees/events
- Act as a liaison between CSW parents and the school
- Organize and coordinate chairs of all FEN committees
- Provide assistance for recruiting volunteers
- Communicate regularly and organizes quarterly meetings with Grade Representative and Volunteer Committee Chairs
Grade representatives are responsible for building community with their grade and work closely with the Chair and Co-Chair: Each grade representative assists in organizing grade-specific parent gatherings, assists in sharing school information via email or phone calls, and represents CSW at all school functions (admissions events, development events, all school events).
(1 representative each)
- Grade 9 day/boarding
- Grade 10 day/boarding
- Grade 11 day/boarding
- Grade12 day/boarding