Sustainability Committee Hosts Earth Day Programming
This week, in observation of Earth Day on April 22, students on CSW's Sustainability Committee organized a series of 15 interactive workshops related to sustainability, the environment, and green living.
Community members were each able to attend and participate on one of the following one-hour sessions:
- The Ocean River Institute, with Rob Moir '72 (executive director of The Ocean River Institute)
- Environmental History, with Rachel Hirsch (History Department)
- Animals and Ecosystems, with Anne Meinke (Math Department)
- Sustainable Architecture, with Daniel Arons (principal, Perkins—Eastman) — the architect behind the design of the Garthwaite!
- Vegan Cooking, with Adriel Roncal (Language Department)
- Environment and the Economy, with Proshanto Mukherji )Math Department)
- Making Bioplastics, with Alison Safford and Anne Rearick (Visual Art Department)
- Studying Water Quality, with Lizzy Knight (Science Department)
- Environmental Sculpture, with Tom Evans (Visual Art Department)
- Studying Coral, with Madi Melville '24 and Brit Garner (Science Department)
- Environmental Photo, with Dee Tran (Visual Art Department)
- Dance with Environment, with Nailah Randall-Bellinger (Dance Department)
- Upcycling, with Calin Duke (Theatre Department)
- Using Machine Learning to Predict Weather, with Rashid Chatani (Science Department)
It was a tremendous day of hands-on learning, all in honor of a highly important issue in the lives of our students. Thank you to all involved in organizing and leading sessions!